Monday, June 9, 2008

BOOK ONE: Part 1, Chapter 2

I came across a new word that I have never seen before in this chapter- not surprising, eh? Chimerical
A thing that is hoped for or wished for but is in fact illusionary or impossible to achieve.
Existing only as the product of an unchecked imagination. 

Pierre was the character who said it. He used it to describe Abbe Morio's 'scheme for perpetual peace.' I think I like Pierre... not liking the Abbe's version on peace tickles my fancy.

I quite like this word, it could have so many uses in my day to day life... in my musing of Communism to when I write about Fairy Tales...Perhaps I like things that are chimerical a bit too much, I wonder why that is? Probably it is because my potent imagination got too mixed up with pop culture. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So where do you do your Pierre-like musings? Do you have your own blog for these things? Or just in your head?

I didn't pick up on the word "chimerical", but I'll have a look out for such words more closely.