Thursday, June 12, 2008

BOOK ONE: Part 1, Chapters 8-25

Yes, I know what you might be thinking... chapters 8-25? This might be a long post. Its not that I have made the decision to only post every once and a while, it is just that I have spent so much time getting absorbed into the book that I find stopping to blog about it is quite silly. So I shall only blog at my digression in moments when it will not take away from my ability to live life and become involved with the book. Cheers to life. 

I am still unsure about weather or not I like Pierre (or now Count Peter Bezukhov).  But I do like his anti- social and capital ways of life.. or at least the fact that he is an outsider in many ways to that system. That and I have always fancied men who wear glasses and 'peer over' them at appropriate moments as if they are thinking something clever in there heads. 

I thought the quote 'In this world one has to be cunning and cruel' was interesting... I have been writing on a topic very similar to that suggestion and the fact that I happened across it in this book was a bit exciting. 

I think this part of the book had a bit more 'peace' to it then war, and because my brain has been shook by the likes of Jane Austine I fear that I will not like the 'war' part that is coming. 

END OF BOOK ONE, PART ONE! this may take longer then I thought...

1 comment:

Luke said...

please continue to write here.
if not one else has posted let me just try and encourage you to keep it up.
a tolstoy & dostoyevsky fan in seattle :)
luke